Sunday, July 17, 2011

They are the reason

It’s because of them
I am who I am today
It’s because of them-
I can see the horizon where the sky meets the sea
I can smell the sweet earth when it rains
I can feel the breeze that makes me calm
It’s because of them-
I can get lost in green happiness
I can sense the softness of love,
I can taste the sweetness of life.

They are my inspiration, my strength
I am here with an ocean of memory in my heart-
It’s not a fairy tale;
It’s a story of very ordinary people-
Just like you and me
But their extra ordinary effort
Made me- taste, enjoy and live life
Fully n passionately.
It’s because of them who I am today.
Nothing came easy-
It was a life with love, struggle and devotion
It was their life-
It was a way to build dreams and happiness for family
It’s my loving parents, my dearest mom n dad
Their loving touch and daring courage made it all possible.
It’s because of them my days are bright and sunny
They gave all their affection and care
They lifted me in joy n sorrow
Gave their light to enlighten my life

They showed me to live and breath
They taught me how to be patient,
How to win and how to make others win
How to accept defeat and still play with spirit
How to feel pain and heal wound.

They helped me to believe in myself,
To overcome any fear of failure,
To give and to forgive, to love and to respect
To smile and to cry, to make others happy.
I won’t exist without them,
I am invisible without their love.

My tender memories are scattered in length of time
My childhood comes back to me every now n then
It’s our family, our darling sweet family
We did not have much to spend
But we had a lot to share
We did not have a lot to show off
But we had enough to cheer.
We were not rich in money, but rich in heart
We had nothing but we had everything
We were content, we were happy.
I love my parents for who they are and for what they gave me
They are the reason why I am here to know what life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment