Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cuenca - The most beautiful city in Ecuador

After two bus rides and a taxi ride, we reached Cuenca around 8 pm in the evening. The city looked quieter than we expected even if it was a Saturday night. We went to a near by mall where we ate at Burger King, this is probably the first time in my entire trip I had fast food and that also from an American chain. It tasted good after a long time. I had some ice cream afterwards but it was not that great. Going back to the hotel, Rachel and I planned to go out for dancing with few other guys. We had a little adventure in getting a parking, one of the hotel caretakers was driving us that night and the large lines for the clubs were interesting to see. The music was mostly Ragae and it was very crowded. My dance partner was a pretty good dancer and we danced for sevelar hours and got home late, almost at 4 in the morning. We were exhausted and just went to sleep immediately. Next day morning we saw Cuenca in daylight and it is truly a beaautiful city, it is supposed to the most beautiful cities in Ecuador. The buildings were colorful. Nicole, my on and off roommate for this part of the tour was with me and we walked through lots of attractions like statues, nice churches, old buildings, colorful monuments, stores and houses. There was a bazaar area which was a bargain place for anything and everything. I found a very nice tender coconut to drink and even the inside stuff was so good! Nicole was surprised at my obsession with tender coconut water. I was carrying it and walking with it until I properly finished my drinks. Then I told the seller to break it so that I can eat the soft layers inside, oh, I gotta tell you, it was so delicious and I felt like taaking some with me while coming back to the USA. The place we went for dinner today was alright, nothing outstanding, but it did fine for the appetite. We watched a movie that night, I cannot remember the name now, but you all know that movie, it is an animaation movie and was the 2nd part of something similar before. It was not a good mivie at all but was something fun to remember about as we saw it in Cuenca. We did a lot of walking throughout the old and the new portion of the city. During the weekend the city is kinda dead other than the Saturday nights and Friday nights in some areas. We did not see much traffic sometimes no traffic, during Sunday while we were walking through the streets of Cuenca. I found some cool copies of Gayasamin's paintings in mud.

We are going to Banos tomorrow. Until then.......goodbye 

No comments:

Post a Comment