Friday, June 26, 2009

La Paz - Another capital of Bolivia

Our flight to La Paz was short and sweet, not much waiting at all, the flight was only 45 minutes and the landing was one of the shortest one I ever had, there was no taxiing at all after landing, our luggage was out before we could even imagine and so the first flight experience in South America was quite pleasant and beyond my expectation.
La Paz as a city was not that attractive to me but it had its characters, there was a richer and a poorer part of the city and we discovered the nicer part after 2 days stay , so I did not have much time to explore a whole lot. Few good things were - we had our empanadas and they were cheap, tasty and nice, I had a very tasty slice of pizza for one day in lunch, the cafe in the nicer part of the town was great, I would highly recommend that to all. We had some Lebanes food and that was great, the other meals were fine as well. The best thing was , I took a tour of the large Cathedral church and actually visited it entirely from the roof to the bottom. I loved it and the guide was a young man who was very passionate to give the explanations and he made the tour lot more interesting that it could be. I am very happy about his tour and I felt quite knowledgable afterwards:)
The other thing to mention with a bit of disappointment is that there was a big jazz club that Steph and I found, but it was closed again, we never had good luck with jazz! We finally discovered a place with Cuban band but it was so full and we were quite tired that night so we did not stay long. Sagarnaga was a thin mnarrow street that I found amazing. I walked through that a lot of time during my stay in La Paz, very classy to me. Steph and I were being separate from La Paz as she would go on her own way and I would start another GAP tour. It was very sad to say good bye to her. We exchanged gifts and we gave our last hugs. I will keep in touch with her I know that, not sure if destiny will let us meet again soon! Sorry, being a bit philosophical here, I really miss Steph, she was a great travel companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment