Friday, June 26, 2009

Sucre - One of my favorite cities visited within South America

I skipped a town called Cochabamba, which was a bus ride of 11 hours from Sucre and then we had to take another bus ride from Sucre to La Paz which was supposed to be 7 hours long. So, what myself , Steph and Margaret did, we skipped those long busrides. We staye longer in Sucre and flew to La Paz and caught up with the rest of the team in La Paz. This was a great decision, for mainly two reasons, one, we all loved Sucre and so we could spend more time here and chilled out and relaxed a lot in between the trips. Other thing was, the stories we heard abot the busride was not that pleasant, it was a public bus ride and there could be locals getting into the bus with their stuff to sell us, there were not supposed to be many bathroom breaks and also we heard that some people have no other way but go in the bus where the nature calls were not in their control. All those stories encouraned me to simply skip Cochabamba as the city has not too much to offer anyway and besides, our planned time there was negligible even to explore the city. So, we did the best by skipping it.
I loved Sucre, it was another world in Bolivia after Uyuni, Potosi and the kind of living we saw in the passing villages. It was a cosmopolitan city and well developed, I loved the way it was arranged, all the roads and lanes were easy to walk through and it really was great weather when we were there. All this made it simply a great experience.
I got a nice massage done, it was very relaxing and I thoroughly enjoyed the pampering. We had some great food through the time in Surce. We walked into the market area a lot, we went up to the hilly areas and it was very nice. One of the afternoons, we went to the Morador cafe and food and the view both were great. I chilled out a lot in this city. I did not participate in any of the activities although others did mountain biking, hiking, etc. etc I went to for lunch once was so nice and different yet yummy, without any cheese in it! I sent another package back home with all my fancy clothes as we did not need those for this trip anymore.
I had several icecreams during my stay in Sucre, as you know, it is one of my favorite things to do! I missed icecream since I left Brazil, I used to have few scoops evereyday and in Argentina and Chile, due to the weather, my icecream intake was lot less, may be once in two days! So, I filled in my quota for icecream in Sucre again.
WE stayed in sucre five nights and flew to La Paz on Saturday morning. I will miss Sucre and if I come back to Bolivia again, I will definitely visit Sucre one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment