Friday, June 26, 2009

Old team - new team Leader

Ale is saying goodbye to us from La Paz and we are under a new team leader named Manuel, he is originally from Lima, Peru. We will miss Ale, she was so sweet, nice and responsible. I am sad to say good bye to her. I tipped her a lot as I thought she deserved it! We had a good buye dinner with the big team although par of the team could not make it for their budget crunch, however, it went alright. We are going to take a bus fom La Paz and go to Puno, Peru from where we would go to see lake Titicaca and islands around and on the lake. We have a one night home stay plan in one of the islands and we were each going to stay with a family and spend the evening and night with them and try to understand their life pattern and exchange our greeting to them by buying them gifts etc. I am looking forward to all that, plus, there are some floating islands where the UROS live and it would be fascinating to see how people live there. Leaving Steph and Margaret behind in La Paz and also saying good bye to Helen, she is going back to England - I am now back with the rest of the team and the other team actually join this one, so we combindly have a team of fifteen now. My new roomy is Kate in La Paz, but it may change over the time. She is a yound English girl, quite nice and lively, talks a lot, reminds me of my niece in Sydney, Australia. I think we will get along well, I am never difficult as a roomy as you should all know!

No comments:

Post a Comment