Monday, May 18, 2009

Buenos Aires - Paris of South America

It is an amazingly beautiful city with rich architechture and history. One of the main street had 10 plus 7 = 17 lanes for two ways, such wide roads, I can´t remember seeing so wide roads back home in the US. The city offers a lot of places to visit and lots of activities. I was happy to be there 3 days but I could be there more days than that. Since I did not see all that the city offers, I will definitely come back here some time in the near future. I loved the neighbourhood called La Boca, you can see such colorful display of the houses and the shops and restaurants. You can see street tango and lots of interesting little shops with great art and handicraft items. I could not resist myself in buying few custom jewelry for myself and some amazing magnets, those were done by a local artist. I felt like going back there but had no more time. There were quite a few museums but went to see only one , the national fine art gallery at Recoleta, it was very nice, some of the works were really great and very beautiful, something I did not see before. I think I missed out in the modern decorative center and also the modern art museum of Latin America, also there were some beautiful botanical garner and few other places that I wished to go but had no time. Next time when I get to Buenos Aires, I am definitely seeing all of those and another great Tango show. Oh, BTW, I did go back to see another Tango show at Tortini, which is the national Tango institute in the country. The show was quite good but not comparable to the one we saw the nioght before. Did I tell you that I got some Tango lessons as well, and the guy who was teaching me made me look like a great dancer, belive it or not I do not know ¨T¨of Tango but he lead very well and I felt like a real dancer, wow! Did I mention my recent obsession of submarino, I started having this in Colonia but continued in Buenos Aires. It is basically hot chocolate but they only give you hot milk with a dark chocolate bar and you let the dark chocolate melt in the hot milk and keep starring, oh, it is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment