Monday, May 4, 2009

Paraty, a nice colonial town in Brazil

Paraty is a colonial town with cobble stone roads and nice pretty buildings. I really liked this town. I went to see the sunrise in the beach and finally got successful unlike other attempts I made to do the same in other places in Brazil. We went for a half day jeep tour through the country side near Paraty and saw several waterfalls, rainforests and churches, lots of interesting birds and trees/ plants. We also went to few wine distilleries and tasted liquor and wine. We crossed a swing bridge which was lots of fun. We saw mud houses, old wooden houses from 17th century and lots of items in an old museum. There were even dead snakes in the museum preserved in jars. I am not a coffee person but had one of the best coffee at one of these places near the museum and we had some sweetener made from sugarcane instead of processed sugar and it was so yummy. We went to a beautiful orchid place and I saw one of the most beautiful orchids in my entire life there. I have taken so many beautiful photos of trees, plants, nature, falls, fruits in the trees, flowers in the nature, greens etc.!
We were five of us- Diana(Toronto, Canada), Leah(BC, Canada), Dionne (London, UK), Mayra(Quito, Ecuador) and myself(New York, USA). There was one couple from the south of England and another one from Portugal. It was a very lovely trip and we had number of bumps to cross, but we all had so much fun, it was totally worth of the time and money we all spent in this tour. We had lunch in a very pretty place although my salad was not filling in particular, but was well presented and tasted good. Finally, we had our last dinner in Paraty in a Thai food place. It was so good that I would say, this was one of the best Thai food I ever had. I bought some coconut sweets from one of the places we visited, it was so delicious that it tasted exactly how my late grandma used to make it. Well, I am tired, so I will go to sleep now, will have more coming up in the next update. My next destination is Iguazu falls which is shared by Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. We will stay on the Brazilian side but will visit the other sides as well. A long journey to Iguazu falls is waiting for us tomorrow all day. We are going through Sao Paolo but wo~´t stay there more than few hours. Until I get to the internet again.............

No comments:

Post a Comment